You will be joining our retained partner, a privately-owned SaaS Biotech in scale-up that beautifully blends a deep, scientific knowledge with next-generation cloud-native software, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The VP of Architecture leads the architect team working on the development and implementation of company technology vision and technical architecture via the development and evangelization of technology roadmaps and guidelines, production of technical documentation, implementation of technical Proofs of Concept, and participation in technical architecture and design at project level.
Business recognition and accolades include:
- World’s most innovative companies (Top 10)
- World’s smartest companies (Top 50)
- Top 10 European Tech Startup – 2020
- Top 10 European biotechs startup to watch – 2021
- Top 25 East-Coast Biotech to watch – 2021
You will directly lead the organisations high impact team of Architects as they build the platform framework for an organisation pioneering the use of Artificial Intelligence and the power of machine learning to solve and overcome some of the biggest challenges in healthcare.
This role reports to the Chief Architect and sits as part of the organisation’s Technical/Software Engineering Leadership Team.
- Develop and maintain a company technology vision and technical architecture including an annual and 3-year technology roadmap, delivering architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with the business strategy
- You will be responsible for the overall technical architecture and design of the Platform, a ground- breaking, cloud-native distributed software system used by thousands of healthcare institutions worldwide to deliver precision-medicine insights to cancer and other genetic disease patients on the basis of genomic, imaging, clinical, and other types of data
- Manage and develop the Architecture team holding regular 1:1’s, delivering performance evaluation, feedback and recruitment
- Involvement in technology evaluations and recommendations as well as working Proof of Concepts, collaborating with Software Engineering teams for implementation
- Oversee the design of the end to end integrated systems aligned with the product roadmap ensuring coherent design decisions are made across all engineering groups
- Develop, Maintain, and Evangelize Software Development Guidelines, in collaboration with Engineering, Data Services and Operations
To be successful, you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Leadership experience in a Software, Digital or Technical environment
- Exposure to leading or managing a team directly with line management responsibilities preferably teams of architects or Software Engineers
- Experience from a highly technical organisation focused on customer-facing cloud based distributed Systems
- Experience working with a full suite of large-scale cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Proven experience within healthcare, health-tech or regulated industries
- Strong experience in a development or Software Engineering background
- Strong direct line management experience communicating to technical and non-technical individuals
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, SRE, LEAN)
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise architecture and cloud architecture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent level of English
- A competitive compensation package + benefits
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology impacting lives
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology – cloud computing, ML, AI
This organisation operates internationally, so complete fluency in English, both written and spoken is essential.
If you have the skills and experience for this opportunity and the ambition to take on this position, please contact Loren Cardy for further details or email your CV today.
Contact Loren on Loren.Cardy@Hayburysearch.com, on phone +41 615 880 066 OR +44 1273 059 766 or on LinkedIn. Loren Cardy is a Princpal Search Consultant, responsible for international hires to Life Science Data & Technology functions.
This job advertisement is placed by Haybury AG, Teichgässlein 9. 4058 Basel, Switzerland. All preselected applications will be forwarded to Haybury AG and be processed by Haybury AG according to Swiss law.