A fantastic new opportunity has been created for a leading, global pharmaceutical company, based in their global headquarters. My client is a market leader, at the frontier of drug research and development, with promising first-in-class and potential medical breakthrough pipeline projects.
This newly created role brings autonomy and full responsibility for the development of HEOR strategy, to ensure that the patient perspective is captured in the clinical trial programs working in an exciting business unit for Rare Diseases and Inflammation/Pulmonology.
- Execute global health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) strategies demonstrating the clinical and economic payer-relevant value of our launch assets
- Work with cross-functional team members and country colleagues, to better appreciate evidence gaps and develop evidence generation plans within and beyond our clinical development program that shape the value proposition for our assets
- Support and plan on evidence generation, value creation and defence, as we seek to secure optimal patient access, prepare for HTA assessments, and support formulary listing
- Ensure that future payer requirements are fully reflected in the development of the Target Product Profile (TPP) and the clinical development plan for our assets.
- Support patient-reported outcome (PRO) measurement strategies to ensure that the patient perspective is captured in our clinical trial program and interacts with regulatory authorities, closely collaborating with other functions
- Drive the publication of your work in peer-reviewed journals in support of your HEOR strategy and the cross-functional publication plan
- Develop and maintain relevant partnerships with clinical centres, payers, academic research institutions, contract research organizations and other HEOR thought leaders to optimize the impact of HEOR research
- Define the long-term global value demonstration and evidence generation strategy for the asset(s), including long-term publication strategies and collaborative frameworks in close coordination with cross-functional team members
- Graduate degree (e.g., M.Sc., Ph.D., M.D.) in statistics, health economics, medicine, pharmacy, life sciences, or related discipline
- Several years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, or consulting
- Positive track record of successful development and execution of HEOR strategy
- Familiarity with rare diseases, pulmonology and/or immunology is a plus
- Ability to inform strategic decisions regarding the required content of clinical development programs as well as outcomes of research studies to achieve and sustain optimal market access
- Thorough understanding of study designs that provide the most relevant evidence to payers
- Profound understanding of health care and reimbursement systems worldwide with a special focus on HTA countries; knowledge of the MA environment in major markets (i.e., EU5, US, Japan)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for successful teamwork, ability to work in cross-functional and international teams plus the ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Fluency in English required, German or other additional language(s) would be a plus
In return you will receive:
- The opportunity to work within a truly innovative, global pharmaceutical organisation with substantial exposure to senior leadership and opportunities to advance your professional growth
- The chance to shape clinical trials for an upcoming product with huge potential
- Competitive remuneration package with lucrative bonus scheme
- Excellent career development opportunity
- Remote working possibility
Early applications are highly encouraged.
If you have the skills and experience for this opportunity and the ambition to take on this position, please contact Reuben for further details or email your CV today.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: +44 (0)1273 059 650 / +49 30 31196519
Reuben is an Associate Client Partner covering Europe, UK, North America and Asia.