Our client is a top 20 global pharmaceutical company that produces and delivers transformative revolutionary therapies and treatment options for patients with cardio-metabolic and respiratory disease. Our client is at the frontier of drug research and development, with promising first-in-class and potential medical breakthrough pipeline projects.
As the Global Head of Scientific Affairs, you will assume an excellence role where you will be responsible for providing leadership to ensure the company’s scientific strategy and operations align with its business objectives. In this capacity, you will oversee various critical functions that are fundamental to achieving scientific excellence, including the following key responsibilities:
- Developing and executing the overall medical and scientific strategy for the organization to support business goals and objectives.
- Working cross-functionally to lead a team of up to 20 project managers in engaging with external stakeholders, such as medical conferences, scientific societies, and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical industry (FPA)
- Ensuring consistency in excellence across the board for all assets within CMR and promote knowledge sharing among team members
- Monitoring and analysing scientific and medical advancements in the industry and incorporating them into the organization’s strategy and activities
- Managing the medical and scientific affairs budget and resources effectively to optimize outcomes and drive efficiencies
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- Hold a Doctoral degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, etc.) in Medicine or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in Global Medical and Scientific affairs within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably with a background in cardiometabolic/renal medicine, complemented by clinical/academic experience
- Experience developing cross-functional medical and scientific strategies to facilitate the introduction of new medications to the market and/or the expansion of indications on a local, regional, or global scale
- Demonstrate a track record of interacting with policymakers, international organizations, and other important stakeholders
- Managing diverse teams and operating in a matrix environment
- Project management, strategic planning, communication, negotiation, and influence
- Be fluent in English.
In return you will receive:
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive salary and bonus, relocation package and the opportunity for professional growth and advancement within the organization
- Exposure to an industry leading pipeline of cardio-metabolic and respiratory drugs,
- Work in a dynamic and supportive environment that values innovation, collaboration, and excellence
If you possess the required skills and experience for this role and are eager to take on a challenging and rewarding position, you may also submit your CV via email to express your interest in this role to email@example.com or contact Hafsa at: +44 1273 090 747
Hafsa is a Senior Client Partner, specialising in Medical Affairs at Haybury Search covering Europe, UK, North America, and Asia.